The position of a media oder film studies researcher in the Department of Social Work at the Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences in Mönchengladbach is to be filled as of 01.10.2022 or as soon as possible thereafter, limited in time according to the project duration until presumably 30.09.2024, with 50 % (currently 19 hours 55 minutes) of the full regular weekly working time. A lower scope of employment is possible.
The possibility of own scientific and didactic further education (e.g. doctorate) is given.
The employment takes place in the DFG-project “Aesthetics of Occidentalism. Yücel Çakmakli’s Islamic-Turkish Millî Sinema (“National Cinema”) (1964-2006). More information about the research project can be found on the project page at the former project site (Marburg) https://occidentalism.oemeralkin.de/ and at https://gepris.dfg.de/gepris/projekt/435847492.
- Participation in the tasks of the research project, especially in the administration and implementation of the project tasks
- Participation in the implementation and integration of the project into the processes and structures of the department
- Implementation of digital annotations in the analysis of audiovisual material
- Management of the project website (WordPress) and maintenance of the project results
- Assumption of tasks in the context of project publications and project events
- completed university studies (university degree or master’s degree) in a media science subject (film studies, cultural studies, communication studies) or equivalent
- completed university studies (university degree or master’s degree) in Turkology, Turkish Studies or a related field
- proven experience in the analysis of audiovisual media (especially film)
- proven experience in the production of audiovisual media content (video/film)
In addition, the following is desirable
- knowledge of Turkish language and culture
- Experience in teaching media studies or related subjects
- Experience in the administration of WordPress websites
- Experience in media design tasks
The position in the public service evaluated according to pay group 13 TV-L (general job characteristics for the administrative service of the pay scale of the collective agreement for the public service of the states) gives you a lot of creative freedom, responsibility and development opportunities.
Your tasks are versatile and varied.
User orientation and efficient service are the core concerns of the administration of the Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences. In doing so, we use the opportunities of digitalization and design our work in an agile and cooperative manner. We treat each other with respect and trust.
Employee internal discussions enable joint growth through appropriate further training and development at our university.
Your well-being and health are close to our hearts: In an appreciative working atmosphere, we promote the work-life balance and compatibility of family and career through flexible working hours, mobile working and a company health management.
You can find more information about the salary group at: https://www.finanzverwaltung.nrw.de/de/bezuegetabellen.
Prof. Dr. Ömer Alkin (e-mail: email@example.com; phone:
+49 2161 / 186 – 5647) is available to answer any questions you may have.
Applicants must provide evidence of the knowledge, experience and skills required here, or at least state them in their letter of application. Missing evidence will not be requested. The application documents submitted are valid.
The Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences promotes women and therefore explicitly encourages them to apply. In the case of equal suitability, qualification and professional performance, they will be given preferential consideration, unless reasons relating to the person of a competitor outweigh this.
Applications from suitable severely disabled persons and persons of equal status within the meaning of Section 2 (3) of the German Social Code IX (SGB IX) will be given preferential consideration if they have the same qualifications.
If you are interested, please apply by 28.06.2022, quoting the reference number 06-0622-1 via our applicant portal Please send your application to: the President of the Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences, Attn: Ms. Pohlen, Reinarzstraße 49, 47805 Krefeld.
Please note that only applications received via the application portal on the homepage of the Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences can be considered!